Thursday, May 18, 2006

Whew!!

So much for posting everyday. Let's try weekly instead!! I'm going to have to post ALL my pics online so you guys can see how cool this country is. Monday we took a 5 hour train to Munich and stayed till Tuesday. When I have access to photoshop, I'll post the pic of the Glokenspiel on here. The Munich townhall is this MASSIVE gothic building with a gigormous clock on the front. Beautiful!! Tuesday we took a bus around the city to see all the sights! That was neat, especially since it ended at Schlöss Nymphenburg, the summer home built by Emperor Maximillian for his wife when she finally gave birth to a son. That was neat.

Last night when went "German Bowling." It's actually called Kaegeling. There's only 9 pins, the lanes are narrower, and the balls are smaller (with only two holes...some have no holes). It was so fun, but kinda hard. "Strikes" are very rare.

Today we're going up to the town chapel (set high up on a hill), so Shane, Robert, and Alexander can practice for next week. The town is making them sing....heh heh! More to report later. Right now, I've got to go.

Ciao!

(Update!!) Here's a picture of the steeple at Glockenspiel.

6 comments:

chantell said...

Awww, sounds like you're having a blast. Enjoy, and keep us posted!

Lacey Wilson said...

Hey do you have a video camera on the huge camera of yours...if so video the Nishibun trio singing...I want to hear, see some of that!

Jessy Russell said...

No video camera. Sorry. They won't all be singing together though. Shane and Robert are singing Amazing Grace (I'm playing a pipe organ!!) With Alexander playing the trumpet. Then Tiffany (Shane's girlfriend) Is singing a solo, and Shane is singing a solo. It'll be cool. I wish more people would post responses! GAH!

Kim said...

How great to be in Germany! I'm going to England next month! Keep Safe and keep having fun!

Anonymous said...

Great job on all this web stuff, I'm happy you are discovering the world, and just being you. I'm proud of you.
By the way I've seen some majestic mountains too, here in PA, USA
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

JESSY!! I'm your invisible friend! ;) I finally made it over here...yay me!!